In today’s business environment organizations are increasingly being faced with evolving risks that would disrupt normal operations.
Risk management and Business Continuity Management enables organizations to be more proactive rather than reactive when dealing with potentially disruptive events that would affect their capability of delivering products and services within acceptable timeframes and at predefined capacity.
This course presents the basic principles of risk management and business continuity management as guided by ISO 31000:2018 and ISO 22301:2019 respectively.
These principles will enable participants to identify, analyze and evaluate risks that disrupt business operations. This will lead to selection of business continuity strategies that consider options for before, during and after disruptions.
- To understand the fundamental concepts and principles of risk management and business continuity management
- To understand the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques used to effectively manage risk in any organisation.
- To understand the relationship between risk management and business continuity.
- To understand different roles and responsibilities in the success of Risk and Business Continuity Management framework implementation.
- Understanding business continuity strategies for various threat scenarios
Who should attend?
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge of risk management principles, framework, and process
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of business continuity management systems
- Individuals seeking a career in risk and business continuity management