Sentinel Africa Consulting Limited respects your privacy. This Policy applies to the Sentinel Africa website, platforms and services that display or provide links to this Policy.
This Policy describes how we process your personal data, and aims to address all possible data processing scenarios that may . Sentinel Africa may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
This Policy describes:
- How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
- Cookies & Similar Technologies
- How We Disclose Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
- How We Protect Your Personal Data
- How We Process Children’s Personal Data
- Third-Party Providers and Their Services
- International Transfers of Your Personal Data
- Updates to This Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Data
Personal data means any data that, either on its own or jointly with other data, can be used to identify a natural person. You directly provide us with such data when you use our websites, or interact with us by, for example, by engaging Sentinel Africa for the provision of our services. We may also obtain data by recording how you interact with our website. For example, we may use technologies like cookies or receive use data from software running on the website.
We also collect the information you provide to us and the content of messages you send us, such as the query information you provide, or the questions or information you provide for through our contact page.
For the performance of some of our services, you may need to provide personal data. For example, we may collect user information for analysis in the performance of audit tests. Additionally, Sentinel Africa in the execution of our engagements utilizes cloud platforms such as Zoho Projects to collect your data. The security of this data is a shared responsibility between us and our cloud service provider.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling your service requests or receiving services from you
- Contacting you with your consent; sending you information about our services that may interest you or help us serve you better. If you do not want to receive these types of information, you can opt out at any time.
- Assessing your suitability for potential employment or other contractual engagement;
- Submission of documents to our clients including expressions of interest, capability statements and tenders; and
- Compliance with all relevant laws, court/tribunal orders or enforcement related activities
4. How We Disclose Personal Data
Information about our clients is an important part of our business and we address sharing of your data as such. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect from you for the purpose(s) that it was collected. We may disclose the Personal Information for other purposes where we have received your consent to do so or are required to do so by law.
Examples of where we may disclose your information include, but are not limited to:
- To comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal procedures, Sentinel Africa may disclose your personal data to law enforcement or other government agencies.
- If Sentinel Africa is involved in a restructuring, merger & acquisition, or a bankruptcy or liquidation lawsuit in a given jurisdiction, your personal data may be disclosed in connection with the transaction.
- To execute a contract in the provision of our service, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss of our clients, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we use or disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant to the purpose of the use or disclosure.
5. How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to Sentinel Africa is correct. Sentinel Africa is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may
- have the right to access certain personal data we maintain about you
- request that we update or correct inaccuracies in that data
- object or restrict to our use of your personal data, and
- ask us to delete your personal data from our platforms.
To exercise these rights, you may contact Sentinel Africa Directly through the contacts provided in this policy.
6. How We Protect and Retain Your Information
6.1. How we secure information
The security of your personal data is important to us and is our highest priority. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss.
- We are an ISO27001 Certified firm and maintain an Information Security Management System, where our security controls are independently verified annually by an external auditor.
- We use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data.
- We provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection.
- We use reputable and secure platforms such as Zoho
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal information
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was received, unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. We maintain a detailed retention schedule for Personal Information which is informed by the following principles:
- In the first instance, Personal Information will be retained as long as required by a relevant law (e.g. to ensure compliance with tax requirements);
- If a relevant law no longer requires us to maintain Personal Information (or that period has elapsed), the Personal Information may then still be retained if required by any relevant contractual agreement or arrangement; and
- For Personal Information to which a relevant law or contractual agreement or arrangement does not apply, we will retain the Personal Information for as long as is required to manage our engagement and/or relationship with you plus a reasonable period afterwards. As a general rule, for information collected during project execution we will only retain the data for 3 months after project completion, after which we shall provide our customer with a copy of the same and delete the data from our systems
7. How We Process Children’s Personal Data
Our website, services and products are primarily intended for adults. For special cases such as our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, information regarding persons under the age of 18 will only be processed with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians.
8. International Transfers of Your Personal Data
With operations across Africa and the Middle East, and organization-wide adoption of cloud services, your personal data collected by Sentinel Africa may be processed or accessed in the country/region where you use our products and services or in other countries/regions where Sentinel Africa have a presence. These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such circumstances, Sentinel Africa will take measures to ensure that data is processed as required by this Policy and applicable laws
9. Updates to This Policy