SURVIVE AND THRIVE; HANDS ON APPROACH TOWARDS BUSINESS CONTINUITY
About the Course
This training course is designed to help participants understand the fundamental concepts and principles of a business continuity management system (BCMS). The course will focus on the role BCM plays in building resilient organizations, the role, and responsibilities of the different stakeholders, the Business Continuity Management lifecycle as well as the continual improvement process.
By attending this training course, participants will also learn more about automation of their BCMS on ISORobot – A Highly Innovative ISO Management System Software which can hold any number of ISO Standards and All the Major Business Frameworks, with Preloaded Best Practice Library of Checklists and Assessments to help with business strategy and risk management.
PROTEA ARCADES- LUSAKA
24TH– 26TH NOVEMBER
Training Procedure and Techniques
The training shall be conducted using several training methods that shall be tailored to engage the teams and demonstrate their understanding of Business Continuity Management Systems.
The training methods used will be:
- Trainer led discussions: This method involves going through the course content with the trainees while explaining each topic in scope promoting one on one engagement.
- Case Studies and Practical Exercises: This method involves carrying out tasks, exercises and use of case studies to demonstrate real life scenarios in the breakout rooms.
- Quizzes: These are meant to test the understanding of the trainees which will promote competitive spirit among the trainees
- Q and A sessions: This method will provide room for clarification and further explanation on unclear concepts and topics to the trainees.
- Managers & operations personnel responsible for risk management, business continuity, technology, human resource, administration, and facilities.
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with BCMS requirements within an organization.
- Operations personnel responsible for Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and crisis management
- Project managers and Members of the BCMS team
- Public relations and corporate communications managers
- Gain an understanding of the elements, concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a BCMS.
- Learn How to Carry Out a Business Impact Assessments and a Business Continuity Risk Assessment.
- Understand and implement Business Continuity Planning Elements that includes an analysis on training and awareness of the program.
- Evaluate the role of emergency response in continuity planning and learn how to manage emergency situations.
- Learn how to interpret and implement the requirements of ISO 22301 in the specific context of an organization.
- Gain a clear understanding of your Business Continuity roles and responsibilities
Business Continuity Management
- Introduction Business Continuity
- Need for Business Continuity within the organization
- Benefits of An Effective Business Continuity Management System
- Outline fundamental Business Continuity Management principles and concepts
- Business Continuity Policy
- Business Continuity Governance
- Business Continuity Lifecycle
- Activity: Scope of The Business Continuity Management System
- Business Impact Analysis Impacts of Disruption Over Time
- Risk Identification and Evaluation
- Definition of Business Continuity Risks
- Risk Analysis and Treatment
- Relationship Between Business Continuity and Risk Management
- Practical steps towards BCMS implementation within the organization
- Activity: Business Continuity Risk Assessment
Business Continuity Planning and Testing
- Business Continuity Strategies and Solutions
- Emergency Planning and Crisis Management
- Implementation of Business Continuity Plans
- Rationale for Testing and Types of Business Continuity Tests
- Validation and Testing of Business Continuity Plans
- Activity: Scenario Based Departmental Business Continuity Planning for Critical Processes
Business Continuity Automation
- Business Continuity Management Automation
- Introduction to ISORobot
- How ISORobot Works
- Governance and Business Compliance Management and Performance
- Organizational Issues and Stakeholder Analysis
- Strategy Planning and Execution
- Risk Management and Information Management
- Organizational Reviews
- Customer Satisfaction Measurement and Analysis
- Business Growth Analysis
- Internal Audit