What is Endpoint Security?
From various sources on the internet, endpoint security has been demystified in various meanings which lead to its popularity in Information Security. Endpoint Security can be therefore termed as protection of data and computing devices from threats and vulnerabilities, where the devices could be smartphones, tablets, laptops, IoT and other wireless devices with the capability of processing data. For businesses to cope, there has been increased adoption of new technologies and greater innovation by device manufacturers, which has enabled a variety of devices that end users of a business use on a day-to-day basis. This has directly resulted to the increased threat landscape which has been challenging to most businesses regardless of size. Different organizations are torn on whether to invest in perimeter security or endpoint security amongst other measures of containing these threats. However, according to Absolute, a cybersecurity research company,70% of all breaches still originate at the endpoint level. This speaks as to why organizations must put endpoint security at their core.
One such a solution is the Bitdefender Gravityzone endpoint security which is an adaptive and layered architecture-based endpoint security solution that serves as a preventive, detective, and corrective control in information security. The solution provides protection to endpoints of various operating systems like Mac OS, Windows Operating systems, and the Linux operating systems. It can also protect various endpoints like servers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and other IoT devices. In comparison to other solutions according to the Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for endpoint security solutions, Bitdefender stands at the top of the chain. Bitdefender Gravityzone developers have identified the issues that consumers have faced with other legacy antimalware management programs. The challenges revolve around device performance, malware detection, and cost. Bitdefender offers mobile acceleration by clearing the junk files in endpoint devices and the endpoint solution is lightweight to the device. The major advantage to you as a business is the low cost of this solution and the features it offers.
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR); incident investigation, using attack timelines and sandbox outputs, enable incident response teams to react fast and stop ongoing attacks
- Process Inspector Detects and stops fileless attacks; A behavior anomaly detection technology provides protection against never-before-seen threats in the on-execution stage.
- Hyperdetect Blocks attacks at pre-execution; The solution contains machine learning models and stealth attack detection technology which form an additional layer of security, specifically designed to detect advanced attacks and suspicious activities in the pre-execution stage.
- Endpoint control and hardening; There are so many features that work together to reduce the attack surface e.g., Patch Management, Full Disk Encryption, Web Threat Protection, Firewall, Application & Device Control
- Sandbox Analyzer enhances targeted attack detection; The Bitdefender sandbox analyzer provides pre-execution detection of advanced attacks by automatically sending files that require further analysis to cloud sandbox and taking remediation action based on the verdict.
- Advanced Anti-Exploit: The Bitdefender Memory Protection layer protects against known and unknown exploits targeting browser and application vulnerabilities in on-execution stage.
The risks of ignoring endpoint security are greater to organizations because of the imminent losses that comes along with cybersecurity attacks. Organizations therefore need to mitigate this risk by investing in endpoint security solutions that not only detect and treat potential threats but also identify existing threats and vulnerabilities.